Thursday 17 August 2017

The melting of the heart

anemone hupehensis var. japonica ( Forsaken)..

The melting process of my heart of ice continued, my connection with the natural world became the only important thing for me, and i was looking for ways to express my creativity. I wanted to do something that  included plants, I wasn't sure what exactly. 
I continued wandering around city parks, pressing flowers in my books, taking notes depending on the seasons. 
I was never really good at drawing, but I dried and pressed so much flora in my books because of it. The same shape and color they brought into my life I was trying to transfer it in a big Herbarium I still use.
I dried every possible thing, from Passion flowers to Lily of the Valley, Protea and Periwinkle, and lots and lots of roses, which are my biggest passion.
rosa centifolia  (Love)..

On the side I started to do some personal research, and read a lots of books, from herbalism  to natural skin care, ( I will mention some of my favorite in a next post) trying out recipes at home. Mistakes after mistakes, having a messy kitchen on a daily basis, with endless dishes to wash, I started to get it right, and slowly slowly I introduced  it to my personal skin care routine.
I didn't think for one moment that anyone would be interested in my concoctions, I was very happy just knowing that I knew exactly what I was putting on my skin, I wasn't using any plastic, and I recycled most of my glass jars. And I f you are just starting out I give you the advice to never lose the love for what you do, if you can't sell it, anything that you do and brings you joy, and you make it from your heart should make you feel good, regardless if you are selling it or not. Simply the fact that you have an interest and you care about what you do, and you do it out of love is enough. And very special indeed. It is the disconnected society that we live in that makes us think what we should and shouldn't do, how much we should sell, making us feel unworthy and competitive with other people. I almost fell in that black hole of marketing and social media distress, But after a few months I have discovered that the most important thing in an heart centered business is not too lose the love you have for what you do, and that, trust me you have it even if you don't sell anything. The only fact that you have something like that,  makes you unique and special. The impact on the planet, (and that includes us and our bodies too) by the  skincare industry is devastating, I certainly don't want to contribute to that! So on the positive note, If you don't sell enough it's a good thing :) you are doing nature a favor. 
some of the Lu's hands products


There are many ways you can contribute to the world and the Earth if you consider it like it is your baby, there are many things you can do connecting with the right people. You won't even have certain thoughts If you felt love all around you,  in a safe environment, embracing you like a uterus.





No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been up to?

Hello everyone, and to whoever is reading this blog! I got really excited today, as a friend told me that she read all my posts and she mi...