Friday 25 August 2017

What is Lu's hands ?

Beautiful Mullein (Verbascum) from the garden where I work 

Today I was gardening all day, when in Nature I get really inspired, I was inspired to write about Lu's hands, my shop, before you get all wrong ideas I would like you to get to know me better. It's strange but behind this computer there is a human being, who makes tons of spelling mistakes because English is not her first language, she really, really would like you to know her for what she really is, not what media wants you to think, she wants you to feel what she wants to transmit to you.

So, What is Lu's hands?

 I'm still figuring out what Lu's hands really is, at the moment it is a constant flowing of creative ideas that involves my love and devotion towards holistic living and the plant world.
I express myself in an online Etsy shop (link is on your right), which I m still debating wether I should keep it open or not. It's quite a personal journey with this shop, It's very intimate to me and sometimes I feel as if I'm scared that it will become my main form of income. As crazy as it sounds at the moment, I'm happy it isn't, because I do things in a certain way, Is my form of expression and i can't always do it. Maybe I'm scared that If  my shop gets bigger, I will be just one of the thousand companies that rip off the planet of it's nutrients. And I don't want that. I turned off a couple of people wanted to invest in me because of this, I want to have full control on what type of ingredients are in each and everyone of my products. This, I can only do it If I have a physical shop and a very small online one lol. I buy ethical ingredients in small batches, I make pretty much everything from tinctures to salves, flower essences to perfumes, all exclusively handmade and organic.

I found a five leaved clover today!
 I started selling it as my friends and family thought I had a talent lol, and being really bad at  pretty much everything else, I was happy to find something I knew how to do, and it came naturally. As my relationship with the plants grew my concern about sustainability started to hit me harder,  is pulsating everyday, how can I do it? where should I buy my ingredients from ? How can I really trust that is organic? What does it mean organic? Is it produced or harvested in a sustainable way? Who made it? And with what type of intentions? I'm trying to discover all of that, asking this questions every time I purchase an herb, or a carrier oil, and I think this is the purpose of this blog too, trying and live responsibly, do something I love without forgetting why I started all of this. Never bend to capitalism, instead try to educate, mend, heal, reform.

How much I love this cyclamens!!!

I don't sell everything I make for my personal use in my shop, I do have a specific range that I keep there to give people an idea, where I m sure I can provide the ingredients that match my standards. I do make my products only when I m in the mood, and according to the moon phases, Is just easier if you work with natural, pure ingredients, to use the old ways of doing things, it feels more natural and all starts to have a flow, and If you don't do it then doesn't come out right, in my experience. Try it for yourself if you have doubts! I do tend to make things intuitively, and most of the times I don't write anything down. Very bad! Please if you do create a concoction, write the recipe first thing, I m still remembering my first incense, It was the best smell on the planet, and totally forgot some of the ingredients that were in it.

Rose
Rose is my religion, always has been, I do added to pretty much almost everything I make to give the support, I can't live without it's medicine, and she is every woman best friend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been up to?

Hello everyone, and to whoever is reading this blog! I got really excited today, as a friend told me that she read all my posts and she mi...