Thursday 24 August 2017

Foraged Blackberries coconut Plum cakes

Today I woke up with a sweet tooth,, and I decided to make muffins, bare in mind that I'm not very good at making desserts, I can only really make crostata ( which is a type of fruit tart in italian), muffins, and raw chocolates truffles. 

I have to follow the recipes very carefully, but normally I'm only really up to extremely simple recipes, firstly because there are easy to follow,  for somebody some how mediocre at desserts like me, and secondly, I can't really be bothered to ingest all of this strange ingredients I can't even pronounce, I have the same rule for my skin, really basic and I like it. 

So,  I recently bought coconut flour to try out, again, I don't even know why I bought it, because  I would't know what to do with it unless is a face scrub or something, but this lovely brand and package, called 'Coconut merchant' had a lovely and easy recipe at the back, without any crazy ingredient that you need to get from some faraway lands, apart from the coconut I guess! It's raw organic, and the place where I bought it from and where I buy my coconut oil, is quite a respectable small ethical shop.
decorated with lavender and rose buds

The recipe called for 6 eggs which i found quite extreme for some muffins, but then Johnny told me that coconut flower need a lot of moisture, ( Johnny is my husband, and also an amazing chef).
I slightly changed the chocolate chip for blackberries foraged by me yesterday and local borage honey for coconut syrup. Oh sorry. I called plumcakes not because it's made with plums but for it's shape. I didn't have muffin shapes and is an Italian way of calling a cake who has this shape, make us feel exotic in a way.

So here we go:

- 6 eggs Organic and from your local farmer market. ( If you eat eggs and you live in a city, you have no excuse, there are farmers market, with happy chickens even in the industrial City of London) 

- 6 tbs coconut syrup or Honey ( same discussion for the honey, local from your area and supporting the bees, I used a local borage honey within 100 miles maximum distance from where I live).

- 6 tbs of melted coconut oil

- 1/4 tsp of sea salt

- 75 grams of coconut flour

- chocolate chip to taste ( I used blackberries, about two in each muffin but I wish  I had put more they were delish)!

Preparation:
mix the dry ingredient and set them aside, in another bowl beat the eggs, then add the coconut oil, the honey or syrup then add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture and TADAAAA, ready to incorporate the blackberries or choc chips at this time. 
For a vegan version, I haven't tried it yet, but I defiantly will, you can substitute 1 to 1/2 mashed bananas for each egg, and more oil,  in which case i would also use the  choc chips instead. 
Enjoy!






No comments:

Post a Comment

What have you been up to?

Hello everyone, and to whoever is reading this blog! I got really excited today, as a friend told me that she read all my posts and she mi...